The OKR method is a goal-setting framework that helps you to achieve ambitious business goals, by focusing on projects that bring growth, change or innovation. Successful organisations know the importance of keeping teams motivated, happy and pulling in the same direction. Setting objectives and key results aligns your internal teams, improves employee engagement and provides a clear pathway to drive your business forward.
A successful OKR framework connects company, team and personal objectives to measurable results. Whether you’re measuring growth, performance, revenue or engagement, the OKR framework can help you to cultivate business growth.
If you’re new to OKRs, an OKR training course can help you get to grips with the process and give you more confidence in setting and implementing strategic business objectives. But how much does a training course cost and is it worth the investment? We discuss this in more detail below.
The benefits of OKR training courses
The right OKR training can bring about a world of benefits for your business. Once your team knows how to successfully create and implement OKRs, the sky’s the limit. You can continue stretching and growing your business until you reach the size or scale you need to thrive.
Not only can OKR training help you achieve consistent growth, but it can also:
- Improve employee engagement
- Encourage a positive workplace culture
- Improve overall employee wellbeing
Fortunately, there are a wealth of options out there for you to choose from. We provide OKR courses for beginners, as well as OKR experts, to suit your individual needs.
Learning the skills needed for OKR success
It’s easy to see the benefits of using the OKR framework, alignment, cross-functional working, a sense of purpose and a real focus on outcomes. But, embedding OKRs takes real effort, time and commitment from your teams to make sure you get the best out of the framework. This is where OKR training comes in. OKR training can introduce you to the basics of OKRs, right through to making you a master of the methodology.
Whether you want to learn about OKRs for your own personal development, to enhance your career prospects or to be able to lead OKRs within the organisation you work at there is an OKR Training course for you.
The There Be Giants OKR Coach Academy provides OKR training to enable the successful application of the OKR methodology within your organisation.
Our OKR training course costs start from £199 for our basic course and can cost up to £4,450 for our most intensive program.
The Academy is made up of three training courses:
- Activator – The OKR training course for beginners. This option is ideal for those who want to learn OKRs for themselves. This 100% e-learning course is a perfect start if you want to enhance your CV and improve your career prospects. The course includes modules such as OKR orientation, building powerful OKRs and Humans & Change. The Activator course will be valuable to anyone new to Objectives & Key Results, can be completed at your own pace and is priced at £199.
- Coach – The one that’s perfect if you want to help your team become great at OKRs. This blended learning course is designed to provide you with the skills needed to be able to help teams with OKRs. The course includes modules such as Translating strategy into OKRs, OKR framework management and Coaching skills. The 4 month Coach course runs 4 times a year and is priced at £2,750.
- Master – The one that’s perfect if you want to help your organisation become great at setting objectives and key results. This blended learning course is designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge to be able to lead OKRs in your organisation. The course includes modules such as Launching & Transitioning within the OKR cycle, Introduction to Psychological Safety and OKR Leadership and Facilitation skills. The 4-month programme runs 4 times per year and is priced at £4,450.
Hear from the graduating class
If you’re considering an OKR training course you probably want to hear from others who have completed the course. Here’s Craig Bennett, Head of Development at MMC who completed the Coach course with There Be Giants.
“After completing one on one setup workshops with TBG I was concerned that the course would be too easy, I was pleasantly surprised to find it wasn’t. The Activator OKR training programme consolidated my prior knowledge and the Coach programme really made me think. The sessions around humans and change and psychological safety were really enjoyable and helped me re-invent how I ran and participated in meetings.
The exam was a challenge and a good one! The questions were excellent and really made me think about what I had learnt and how to apply that in a practical way. The training materials are great, with a mix of reading and videos. I found them engaging and interesting, in particular, the Personal Learning Log helped me keep track of my thoughts and ideas as we went through the programme. Highly recommended for anyone wanting to get a thorough grounding in all aspects of OKR implementation. This will set you up for success.”